The wife and I have made the very impulsive decision to go on holiday. I say impulsive because we usually plan something like this months in advance and this decision was made with days to go before departure.
So, we’re exchanging the icy cold Free State for the icy cold and wet south coast. By tomorrow evening I’ll have the ocean before me and mountains covered with indigenous forest at my back. And the best part is we’re not paying for accommodation, so we can stay for the entire school holiday if we want.
Hopefully this change of scenery will be what I need to get my studies and my writing back on track again. And even if it doesn’t, at least I’ll have been in one of my favourite places on earth again (and quite close to where we spent our honeymoon).