It’s finally happened. I’ve heard of it happening to other people, but didn’t really believe it. I thought it was just a story. Then it happened to me. It’s been more than a day and I’m still giddy. I’ve received…an award!
Thanks, Emma from A Wordless Blogger for nominating me for this award.
Here are the rules:
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
1. List 11 Random Facts about you
2. Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
3. Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
4. Notify the bloggers of their award
5. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award (bottom of post)
11 Random Facts
1. I find it very hard to make lists about myself at a moment’s notice. That job interview question about your best and worst characteristics? Hate it.
2. I knew my wife nine and a half years before we got married. I knew her seven years before we started dating. She kept saying no. (Guess that’s not actually a fact about me, is it?)
3. I love broccoli.
4. I’m quite a decent cook, even if I say so myself. Wait, no. Ask my wife. She also says so.
5. I was a high school principal for three years without having a teaching qualification. Don’t ask.
6. I’m addicted to chocolate, coffee and books. No, I don’t have a problem.
7. It breaks my heart every time I see a young person miss their potential in life.
8. I’ve recently started writing a novel (though if you read this blog you already know that).
9. If you ever need to bribe me, use litchis (type of fruit).
10. I’m enjoying blogging more than I expected.
11. I snore. So badly that my wife puts in ear plugs.
1. Where are you from and would you like to live there forever?
Kroonstad, Free State, South Africa. Hell no!
2. Have you ever lived in a different country? No matter how long.
I spent a month in Germany (Dachau) in 2003 and five months in London in 2005
3. Are you part of any fandoms?
I belong to the PianoGuys group on Facebook. Only fandom I “officially” belong to. My new feed does, however, contain an insane amount of updates on Doctor Who.
4. Is your blog focussed on one particular thing? (books/movies/travel etc)
As it says on my welcome page: Life, the universe and everything
5. Are you a student or do you have a job? If so, what do you study/what’s your job?
I quit my job as teacher last year so I can study full time. Master’s degree in Pastoral Counselling
6. What was your favourite subject in school? And your least favourite?
Favourite – tie between English and Biology. Did not really have a least favourite, but found Math and Accounting incredibly boring.
7. If you could do anything with your life, what would it be?
Write and travel the world 8. What is your favourite way to procrastinate? Reading or surfing the net (does anyone even still say that?)
9. Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr?
Facebook, and recently started tweeting
10. What was your favourite movie growing up?
The Last Starfighter
11. What do you like best about yourself?
My mind. Weird answer huh?
I’m going to break the rules a little and nominate only 8 blogs instead of 11. Hope that’s okay.
1. Amy Pond at River Song is not my Role Model (How can any Whovian not nominate this blog?)
2. Gigi at Anchor it Down
3. Kayleigh at A World of Words
4. Andrew at Cosmoblogy
5. Melissa at Flyingnotscreaming
6. Tiffany at…Tiffany Metzger
1. Do you have a pet? What?
2. What have you accomplished thus far in your life that you’re most proud of?
3. If you can have anyone to mentor you, who would it be?
4. How do you feel about blog awards?
5. Who is your favourite author? (top three if picking one is too hard)
6. What’s your favourite television show, current or past?
7. Do you believe in fairies?
8. What do you drive?
9. What would you like to drive?
10. What was your favourite game as kid?
11. What does your name mean?
8 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
It’s funny you had to put a definition for lychees. I had this phase when I lived on lychees (well, sort of).
Thanks so much again 😀
I’m not sure how common they are in other parts of the world. Over here I buy them by the box December to February. Only thing that’s better than chocolate in my opinion. A 2kg box seldom lasts more than 3 days.
We get them all through the year since they’re mostly just imported. I’m not sure we get them in boxes here, but I’m sure a 2kg box is quite…satisfying.
Thanks very much for the nomination, it’s very nice to be given such a compliment. I’m new to blogging, so this award thing is also new to me. I’m not even sure if there are 11 blogs I read regularly, so I feel a little inadequate for the task of passing it on. I’m just grateful if people find anything I write of interest, and for any and all feedback on how I can improve. I’ll be sure to check out the other nominees to see what I can learn from them, and it goes without saying I’ll check out your posts regularly too!
As you can see, I also did not pass it on to 11 blogs. I don’t feel that is so important. More important is that you connect with other bloggers and that you realise there are people who enjoy your blog. I only discovered yours recently, but I love astronomy and the way you present it. Keep it up.
I’ll get round to passing it on soon, perhaps over the weekend if I’ve time. It’ll be a good motivator for me to diversify my reading habits.
Had to look up Murakami, but he looks interesting. Will keep a lookout for his books next time I get to a good bookstore (not one in my town, unfortunately).
Congratulations! I’ve already received the Liebster, but thank you for the nomination. I really appreciate the thought.
Interesting questions! I’m also addicted to books and coffee. And I also snore so badly my wife keeps kicking me in the middle of the night several times, but I always go back to sleep soon after— and snore again.
My answer to number 3 would be either Haruki Murakami (also answer to number 5) or Neil Gaiman, whom I seem to admire more day by day. 🙂
Comments are closed.